Latchford Dam Project 2015
Scope of Activities
The general scope of the Latchford Dam Project is as follows:
- Construction of a new dam adjacent to the existing structure. The new structure will have the following features:
- Fourteen gates equipped with stoplogs to control water levels;
- One mechanical gate for a more precise water control;
- Deck open to the public on the structure and at the downstream side of the dam;
- Access and parking areas on both the north and south banks.
- Removal of the existing Dam.
Environmental Effects Evaluation (EEE)
The EEE will evaluate options for the replacement of the existing Latchford Dam with a new control structure. The scope of the EEE process will encompass the demolition of the existing dam, the construction of the new dam, and the operation of the new structure. This includes temporary coffer dams and access facilities, associated approaches, storage sites and other undertakings directly associated with the project. The operations of the new dam will maintain the existing regime of water levels and flows upstream and downstream of the site.
The completion of the EEE is anticipated by mid-may 2015.